The Wireless Access Providers Association (WAPA) is in the process of renewing its Secretariat contract as part of a good governance process.
The new contract will be to run the Secretariat function from July 2019 to June 2024 (5 years). There will be a probationary period for 6 months. The contract will then remain in place as long as the key performance indicators are met based on a 6 monthly review process.
Scope of Work
The scope of work is to run the administrative function of an industry representative body.
WAPA currently has:
180 Full members
30 Vendor members
20 Consultant members
10 NGO members
The constitution of WAPA is available on our website www.wapa.org.za
Critical Success Factors
- Confidentiality of information and complete trust that members’ information will not be shared under any circumstances with each other or members of the Management committee.
- Impartiality, especially when dealing with consumer complaints from the public towards any of the members.
- Good governance. Strong ability to accurately keep records, minutes and any other related documentation required for future reference.
- Social interaction. High level of positive engagement with members and providing a value to belonging to the organisation.
- Legal awareness. Strong guidance in terms of the constitution of the members and the management committee.
- Discipline. Administering required meetings and ensuring regular attendance of those meetings.
Key performance indicators
|Office function||Administration of 250 members||Administration of all 500 members as the membership increases||Keep monthly regular expenses below 10% of total regular subscriptions|
|Coverage requests||250 a month||2500 a month in the next 6 months||Advertising campaigns in national newspapers, trade publications, industry-related websites, Google AdWords|
|New Membership take on||260 members||500 members in the next year||Success with the coverage requests will bring new members. Successfully sign up|
|Regional events||3 a year – attendance of 50 people||3 a year – attendance of 100 people||Find sponsors. Attend throughout. Pictures, writes up and follow up and conversion of all potential Members to Membership status.|
|Complaints||Manage the complaints process||Manage the complaints proces||As current|
|WAPA meetings||Manage and minute the monthly Manco meetings||Manage and minute the monthly Manco meetings with full understanding of the constitution||Minutes out within 3 working days of the Manco meeting. Follow up on actions 1 week before next meeting|
|National training Indaba||150 delegates once a year||200 delegates next year.||Manage the event and find sponsors for the event.|
|WAPA membership one-on-one interaction||None||Visit every member once every two years. With a Mancom member||Extensive full week one on one meeting to be scheduled to coincide with the regional events.|
|Accounts||260 members subscriptions up to date and monthly income statement||500 members subscriptions up to date and monthly income statement||Work with book keeper|
|Projects||TVWS||Exceed requirements of USTDA||Management & administration|
|Government meetings||Attendance at all ICASA, DTPS, CSIR meetings with WAPA Mancom member||All events as they arise||Feedback on the event to the newsletter|
List of acronyms:
DTPS – Department of Telecommunications and Postal Services
ICASA – Independent Communications Authority of SA
TVWS – Television White Space
USTDA – US Trade & Development Agency
The following characteristics are required
- Priority order
- Attention to detail
- Frustration handling
- Good conflict handling skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Individual inclination
- People positive
- Propensity to change
- Propensity to hand off
- Propensity to own
- Self confidence
- Self motivation
- Team playing inclination
- To simplify
Responding companies or individuals are invited to submit:
- their proposal of how they would run the administrative function of WAPA.
- CV’s of who would be involved in the team
- Monthly fee over the next 12 months
- Inflation escalation fee for next year.
- Increased fee based on growth of new members joining WAPA
- Document showing previous experience in running a similar organisation
- BEE certificate level
- Tax clearance certificate
Submission to be sent to the chair of WAPA by 5pm 30 May 2019
Chair on behalf of the WAPA management committee.